Paella is the national dish of Spain, and as with all of the country’s most popular dishes, a heated debate persists over what ingredients to include and exactly how to cook it.
“Yes, it should have onions!”
“No, never Serrano!”
“Your mother adds the rice when?!”
“What type of rice?!”
Engaged couples have even been known to fight over which of Spain’s two principal types of rice to throw at their wedding. Bomba or calasparra?
Yes, the great paella dispute can leave Spaniards simmering. But the grain of truth revealed by this ongoing debate is that everyone feels extremely passionate about paella. That includes us. We hope this cooking kit for two brings the same passion to your kitchen!
Kit includes a 32cm Paella Pan and ingredients listed below to make Chef Marc’s Chorizo and Piquillo Pepper Paella ($85 – available for pick up at our restaurant locations).
To order please email [email protected]
$85 plus tax
PAELLA DE PIQUILLOS Y CHORIZO
Chorizo and Piquillo Pepper Paella
• 1 cup Nomen Bomba rice (1lb included)
• 24 oz Aneto Valencia Paella Stock
• 2 tbsp Old Fashion Salsa Verde (4.59oz included)
• 2 tbsp Matiz Sofrito (12.3 oz included)
• 15 threads of Pina Saffron (1g included)
• ½ cup diced Palacios Mild Chorizo (7.9oz included)
• 2 tbsp Casa de Hualdo Arbequina Olive Oil (375ml included)
• ½ cup Pons Piquillo Peppers (7.9 oz included)
• 32cm steel paella pan included
• 1 tsp Kosher salt (not included)
• 1 lemon (not included)
Pre-heat oven to 450ºF
1. Pre-heat oven to 450ºF.
2. Slice the Piquillo peppers into long, thin strips until you have ½ cup. Set aside.
3. Remove casing from chorizo and dice until you have ½ cup.
4. In the paella pan, add diced chorizo and 2 tbsp sofrito in 1 tbsp of olive oil.
5. Add 24 oz paella stock and 15 strands saffron. Bring to a boil.
6. Add 1 cup bomba rice. Cook for 5 minutes on high, then 5 minutes on low.
7. Place ½ cup julienned peppers on top of the rice, taking care to distribute them evenly. Place the paella pan in the oven.
8. When all the liquid is absorbed and the rice has started to dry out on top (approx. 5 minutes), remove the paella and place on stove-top.
9. Drizzle paella with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to make the socarrat – the caramelized crust of crispy rice at the bottom of the paella!
10. Use a spoon to drizzle the salsa verde on top (approx. 2tbsp).
11. Squeeze a ½ cut lemon over the paella when serving.